Canned Responses Cloud
This part of the documentation relates to Canned Responses for Jira Cloud. If you are using Jira Server go to the Canned Responses for Jira Server documentation.
This tutorial will show you how to use Canned Responses for Jira add-on. You will get get familiar with folliwing topics:
Let's get started.
- On an issue page, focus Canned Responses input to expand it.
- Click Add to create new response template.
- Name your template: Hi reporter.
- Select Personal visibility scope (see Visibility Scopes to know more about visibility scopes).
Fill the Response content field with example text:
Insert macros using two different ways
You can insert dynamic macros using Select a macro dropdown or from the autocompletion list shown after you type the $ sign.
- Click Add to save the template.
- Use the template! No page refresh is needed.
- Focus Canned Responses comment field.
- Type $hi and select the template from completion list.
- Finish typing the comment and click Add comment button to post it.
Contratulations, your comment is there!
Insert templates using two different ways
You can insert the templates using Select a template dropdown or from the autocompletion list shown after you type the $ sign.
- Click Select a template dropdown and find your template.
- Click button to open edit dialog.
- Edit your template and click Save.
- Use modified template! No page refresh is needed.
To manage your template click Manage from Canned Responses panel.
Manage Canned Responses dialog allows you to create, edit and delete templates.
Organizing templates into folders
You can group your templates into hierarchical structure using special syntax in the template name. Separate levels via a double colon, in example:
Such named templates will be grouped in the select box as follows: