Canned Responses for Jira implements Post workflow function allowing you to automatically create comments during issue transition based on pre-selected Canned Response template.
You must be granted Jira Administrator permission to be able to modify workflows.
Adding canned response action
- Choose one of your Jira projects and go to its Project settings.
- In the Workflows section edit the desired workflow.
- Select the target transition (for example Start Progress) and navigate to Post Functions tab.
- Click Add post function and select Comment with Canned Response.
- Select a Canned Response from the dropdown:
- Save the configuration and publish the workflow (Publish Draft at the top).
From now every Start Progress transition will result in inserting selected template as a comment to the issue. Well done!
This page has no comments.