You can backup Canned Responses by going to Add-ons administration and then Canned Responses > Import / Export.
The exported templates will be stored in a .csv format. Example file:
|More Info Request||Hi $reporterName$,|
I'm just reviewing this issue and I don't think we really have enough information to reproduce this problem. Can you add a little more detail to this ticket?
|Not Supported Browser||Hi $reporterName$,|
We no longer support IE 7 in $projectName$.
We recommend you to upgrade to a more recent version. It can be downloaded from Microsoft:
Alternatively you can use the Chrome browser:
|Screenshot Request||Hi $reporterName$,|
Can you please add some screenshots of what you're seeing?
When importing .csv file it is important to include headers as first row. Importing mechanism omits the first row.
- "name" column defines the template name as seen in the picker
- "content" column defines the template content (along with macros etc)
- "scope" column defines the template scope, and can take one of following values (case sensitive!): GLOBAL, PROJECT, USER
- "scopeParam" column is used with connection to PROJECT scope (it will denote project key) or to USER scope (in that case it will denote Jira userKey)
- "favourite" columns is not used in Canned Responses Server version. See Backup templates (Cloud) for comparision.
When migrating templates between Jira instances one need to be aware of:
- Canned Responses for Jira Server does not have a notion of "GROUP" scope - it is available only for Cloud version of Canned Responses.
- Canned Responses for Jira Server does not have a Favourite Bar - making the "favorite" column meaningful only for Jira Cloud installations
- Jira Server has a different way of user identification than Jira Cloud. In server, it is still an userKey (i.e. "admin", "pstefaniak"), while in Jira Cloud it is accountId ("557058:0c7dd459-31b7-4ef1-ae6c-a4a28ead7729")
- Custom Fields in macros are referenced by internal ID instead of custom field name. It means that on different instances the templates might produce different result, rendering different macro(s) than expected
This page has no comments.