QR Code Printing
Asset Tracker lets you quickly view and print QR code that contains URL of the asset page. This lets you quickly open teh asset page on a mobile device. After you print the QR code, you can stick it to the asset and then scan it with the mobile device's camera.
For more complex label printing, see next section.
QR codes can also be viewed and printed from the asset lists - click the "cog" icon in the asset row and select the "QR Code" menu entry:
Asset Tracker lets you print labels for your assets. Labels are fully customizable. They can contain:
- QR code of the asset, containing asset's URL
- value of any of the asset's fields
- a static text
- asset ID
All of these can be positioned and sized freely on the label. Multiple label formats can be defined, so that you can print different labels for different item types.
You can print labels for individual asset from the asset page, as seen below.
You can also print labels in bulk, from the item browser, by selecting multiple items and clicking Oprations → Print Labels menu item.
An example of generated labels is shown below. Note however that the layout of the label can be changed and customized to your liking.
To create a label definition, go to Administration → Printable Labels and click the "Add Label" button after entering a name for the label.
After you create a label, you can click "Edit" link to change its definition. This opens the label editor page, where you can:
- define the label dimensions (in "dots" - 1/300 of an inch) - in the first section
- define what fields, QR codes and static texts will be displayed on a label - in the second section, where you can also see the rough preview of the label
- print test labels, by providing their numeric IDs and clicking "Print"
This page has no comments.